A Step-by-Step Overview of Setting Up an Air Ambulance Trip
Here is what you can typically expect when contacting us:
- You will be greeted by professional, experienced Patient Transport Specialist. Our phones are answered personally 24 hours a day, 52 weeks a year - no voice mail or answering service!
- You will be asked several questions that will enable us to provide you with the most economical medical flight costs and the most appropriate air medical service.
- The information you provide will help determine the important details of your specific medical plane transport: the type of aircraft to be used, the composition of the medical team and the ground transportation required.
- Medical flight cost is determined by several factors, including the distance to be traveled, the type of aircraft utilized and the medical condition of the patient.
- Once the costs and itinerary are agreed upon, you will be asked to provide a credit card to guarantee payment. The card will not be charged until after the trip is completed, although the funds on the card will be earmarked for the trip. Funds can also be bank-wired in lieu of the credit card payment so long as the wired funds are received within 48 hours of the completion of air medical evacuation.
- The patient and any additional passengers will be required to provide a photo ID before boarding the aircraft. For international medical flights, passports and any applicable visas are also required for all onboard the plane.
- The patient may be accompanied by our medical team bedside-to-bedside depending upon his or her condition. All ground transportation and transfers are included in the medical flight cost.
- Your medical transport service includes all transportation logistics for the patient and the accompanying family member. There may be some exceptions involving ground ambulance transportation if a second family member or a pet is traveling with the patient. Your Patient Transport Specialists will cover these details when the trip itinerary is developed.
Learn More About: